Chef // Home // Long Island City
Adriana is wearing our Jacquie skirt (sold out)
photos by Cassie Cummins
1. Where are you from? What are some of your favorite things about Long Island City?
I'm from Caracas, Venezuela. My favorite things about LIC are the small neighborhood feel, the beautiful view of Manhattan, and good food.
2. How long have you been cooking professionally? How did you get your start?
I started cooking when I was very little and started to cook professionally about nine years ago. My dad got me started, he always cooked at home and asked me to be his helper.
3. Who are some of your biggest culinary inspirations?
I admire many chefs from different places and cultures around the wold but I am mostly inspired by chefs who work hard and strive to be better everyday and those who remain passionate in spite of the hardship that is natural of the culinary world.
4. What inspired you to start Tepuy? Can you tell us a little about the concept?
Tepuy was a concept that grew up as a part of my desire to express creativity through Venezuelan flavors. Dinners are held once or twice a month between Williamsburg and Greenpoint. It's a seven-course tasting menu, BYOB, and you don't know the menu until you get there. I offer vegetarian and vegan options.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
I don't think I have a particular personal style, it varies on my mood. The most important thing for me is to be comfortable and feel feminine at the same time.
6. Why did you select this piece?
I feel that this piece shows my personality really well. It is really feminine but at the same time extremely conformable. Love the design, the flowy volume, and the shape.
7. If you could choose, what would your namesake be?
The feeling when you are craving something and then you eat it !!!!